Monday, June 22, 2009

8 ounces of Goodness

I just had a foodgasmic experience at 8 oz the Burger Bar on Melrose Ave. The Short Rib Grilled Cheese (pictured) was the best sandwiches I've had in a long time. My words can not do the place justice. You just have to go there or look at the menu. It tells of a story. Recently, I was discussing "go to" places for inexpensive good grub and how the burger thing is out of control in LA. There are literally dozens of choices in the City of Angles for gourmet burgs. But now when that subject comes up, I'll tell people 8 oz on Melrose is THE place to go for great eats in a laid back full service atmosphere. Disclaimer: I've yet to have their burgers, but I will soon, oh yes, soon my friends.
My colleuges and I were also saying that beer bars are the new wine bars (though 8oz has a great selection of both) and burgers and comfort foods are the new haute cuisine (some will say they never left). Known for their fancy beef patties and gourmet fixins, food dood Godwin Armstrong's spot is every thing you want in a joint and more, friendly servers, great loaction, provacative dishes. Some other menu items of note are the 3 sliders with beer pairings. One slider is made with Wild Boar. The biggest problem bar tender Brandon told me was that folks can't get a large size version of their favorite slider. But "off the menu" they will serve you a trio of your favorite. Also, get the Okinawan Sweet Potato chips. They're purple, crisp and perfectly salty. Florida peeps they have a location in Miami!

No comments: