Thursday, September 11, 2008

Deep Water




Screened Deep Water last night. A documentary about an ordinary Englishman's (Donald Crowhurst) race through the ocean and against time. He struggles to make his family proud, honor his commitments and survive for months at sea. It is the late sixties. The media and technology are new and exciting things that also play a part in the journey. I can think of a few friends that would like this movie instantly (A-Dub, CB). Also there's actual self made audio and video footage of Crowhurst and other racers on their boats.

2 comments:

ADubJ said...

A triumphant return! Those of us out here in LeisureLand were beginning to worry about T Mc. I know it's tough to squeeze in an entry, what with all your leisure activities, but I think I speak for us all when I say we need more Teed!

I am Leisure Man said...

thanks A-dub, good to be back. did you see Barack on Letterman?