Friday, October 10, 2008

I'd like to Patina them on the back.

I can't say enough great things about the Market Cafe by Patina in the Wells Fargo Center in Downtown Lost Angeles. I mean where else can you get flat bread at a "to go" style atrium food court? Nowhere, except another Patina owned establishment, Pantinitte at MOCA. I had the Pressed Cuban Sandwich w/ Black Forest ham, turkey, salami, pickles, Swiss cheese, mustard and herb mayo on a rustic roll, pressed "panini" style. It took my back to my South Florida days where they were sold even at 7-11 and are called Media Noche or "midnight" in Spanish (probably because we were usually eating them after hours). Kudos to The Patina Group who seems to have HelLA and DoTo (downtown) locked up. (There's also simply Patina a restaurant in the Disney Performing Arts Center). Below: Behold! My sandwich was served with a side of greens with balsamic vinaigrette dressing (an accompaniment healthier than chips or fries)!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah..the 7-11 cuban sandwich. What a great late night snack that was.

I am Leisure Man said...

Press it? Yes!

Anonymous said...

medianoche is slightly different than cuban...and that difference is the bread...while standard cuban is on white bread....medianoche is on yellow sweet bread..both delicous but i prefer the noche...

tv